Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Crossing (Harry Bosch #20) by Michael Connelly (Goodreads Author), Titus Welliver (Narrator)


5 of 5 stars  *****

A thrilling detective, court room mystery that is such a pleasant diversion from non-fiction, biographies, and biblical studies. I find it rejuvenating to interject fiction and audible book renditions on my course of wonder and entertainment. The Crossing, by Michael Connelly, holds my attention so that I listen to it every moment available. 

This audiobook allows me to follow a retired LAPD detective who decides to tie up noticeable loose ends in a murder case that is an apparent open-and-shut case for the Prosecution. Harry Bosch becomes a Private Investigator for the young Defense Attorney, Mickey Haller, representing the framed victim held in jail. The history between detective and lawyer is a twist in the story because Harry is forced to retire and uses Mickey to sue the department. The bad blood relations with the LAPD makes Harry's investigation much more interesting as he calls upon his skill and experience to exact the truth from an already investigated crime scene.

Michael Connelly, the author, showcases his knowledge of police work and courtroom proceedings in this stirring story. His characters are well developed with emotional frailties and practiced perseverance. The Crossing is book number 20 in a series of Harry Bosch tales, an indication of Connelly's prolific writing habit. 

This book is my first Michael Connelly experience. I know that it will not be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment