Sunday, August 30, 2015

Explore the Bible: Adult Personal Study Guide - Summer 2015 by Jim Shaddix (Editor), Morris Baker, Andy Chambers



5 of 5 stars  *****

The discussion in my Life Group about this Bible Study book was most interesting and focused on what was written rather than subjective scenarios. I had a lot of misunderstanding cleared up after my reading and weekly class participation about the last book of the Bible, Revelation. The author, John the Apostle, did not offer his own interpretation of that which he was asked, by God, to write. John described what he saw and wrote it down with as much detail as he could. His writings completed the prophesies made much earlier by prophets, such as, Isaiah and Daniel. 

The doom and gloom that preceded my outlook of Revelation was replaced with joy and peace knowing that abiding in God's word meant God's Holy Spirit was abiding in me. By faith, only one death was promised to those who repented for their sins regularly. By refusal to repent, two deaths awaited those opposed to recognize their sinfulness. That second death accompanied the devil in the abyss, the river of fire.

Revelation was written about the times from the Resurrection of Christ, the descent of the Holy Spirit, included the first Resurrection of Saints, the Rapture; then the days of war, famine, pestilence, death, etc., the days of doom and gloom which were represented by The Seven Seals, The Seven Trumpets, The Seven Personages, the Seven Vials, and The Seven Dooms. Was it any wonder I had such a negative view of this holy chapter in God's word. Revelation concluded with The Seven New Things: New Heaven, New Earth, New City, New Nations, New River, New Tree, and New Throne. The choice became clear to either fear God and obey his commands, which instructed me to love and praise Him by loving others without covetousness, or live life serving another master, whether it be the devil, an inanimate object, or a prideful self. 

I had the pleasure of reading and discussing this edition of Explore the Bible: Adult Personal Study Guide - 2015, with others. It made me choose wisely. I chose one death by living in His word so that His Spirit lives in me. In the meantime, upon any transgressions, my sins and iniquities, I pray for God's forgiveness as I repented before in this ongoing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment