Sunday, August 28, 2016

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy #2 (of 5) by Mike Johnson (Writer), Ryan Parrot (Writer), Derek Charm (Artist)



4 of 5 stars  ****

I receive my first printing, blocked edition of Star Trek: Starfleet Academy #2 (of 5)I refrain from reading it until today. The comic book is easily read in a matter of minutes. I am careful to open and handle the beautifully illustrated edition to preserve its excellent condition. 

The second book in this series finds Uhuru breaking Starfleet rules with James T. Kirk to access files, suspiciously kept from the public, concerning an old mission in a quadrant of space where a faint distress signal can still be heard. In the meantime, most cadets are celebrating the successes Starfleet is enjoying in an Intergalactic Competition. T'laan, a Vulcan in the academy, defers the party for plans that chart the best course of action in the upcoming scavenger hunt.

#3 arrives today. The plot continues as I seek to procure books #4 and #5 to complete the story. I realize that I need #1 in this series if I intend to save these issues as a complete set. I read #1 on my PC kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment