Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young



5 of 5 stars  *****

This daily devotional book is such a blessing. I read it first thing in the morning and it sets my thinking right by establishing a strong relationship with God. It allows me to face any circumstance that comes my way with peace, love, and joy in my heart. Forbearance is a gift from God and this book is a simple reminder to persevere difficulties with patience and understanding. 

It is more of a challenge to maintain an attitude of kindness, gentleness and goodness when my life is going well, without unforeseen challenges to upset my day. I read every morning that such challenges occur to make me turn to He who is always there. The next gift to receive during such times is faithfulness and self-control. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence informs me that God welcomes this opportunity to allay my fears, settle my frustrations. My thankfulness and trust are all He needs. My reciprocating love praises Him. His reason for creating me is then in accordance to His plan. 

Sarah Young studies and draws from all sections of the Bible to share with us words inspired by her moments of stillness while conversing with God. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence is the response she receives from our Father, the One who knows all before we formulate the question or make any request. 

I discover this book from my sister whose benevolence shares it as a gift to so many she encounters. I apply this book's profound wisdom as I read it to my dying mother earlier this year. It touches me, opens me, strengthens me while reassuring me of the righteous path to which it leads. I receive wisdom, the fear of God, because He is the only power, a power that gives everlasting life to those who honestly communicate with Him daily. 

My inspiration after reading this blessed book: The purpose of my life does not depend on what I accomplish in the world but how I am while in this world, regardless of who I am with or what circumstances befall me. Communication with God is essential and this book is one of the most poignant relationships with Him in the present that I have come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment