Friday, December 29, 2017

Born to You This Day: Christmas Reflections on the Savior by Cissie Graham Lynch



5 out of 5 stars  *****


This short but deep devotional by the granddaughter of the greatest Evangelist in my lifetime, Billy Graham, settles my busy world into moments of Peace, Love, and Joy. I welcome her thoughtful words in this hectic holiday season. Time seems short until Born to You This Day: Christmas Reflections on the Savior provides a path away from my world and into the world created by He who loves and is willing to grant His blessings for my recognition of Him as the Father of Creation and worthy of my praise.

Pending tasks at hand squirm in my mind robbing me of the comfort that rests in stillness. I pick up this devotional and read with those troubling thoughts suggesting I drop the reading and get back to work; but I ignore the annoyance and discover an ease that frees my being from self-manufactured duties. What book has such a power as this.

At the end of each chapter is a list of scriptures from the Old and New Testaments that are resources for the author's enlightened summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment