Monday, September 27, 2021

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris (Goodreads Author), Johanna Parker (Narrator)

 

 

5 out of 5 stars  *****

A few years ago I binged True Blood, the television series of the Sookie Stackhouse story. I was captivated then and I was just as captured with this Audiobook. The narrator sounded exactly like Anna Paquin portraying Sookie. This added to the delight. I found the story just as provocative and thrilling.

The elements of vampires with humans is very popular these days. That fascination explodes in 2008 with the airing of True Blood. Dead Until Dark brings back the people, geography, and feelings to me. It is easy to listen to a story so well written and performed. The few differences between the book and the HBO series is negligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment