Friday, December 6, 2019

Faith's Checkbook: A 365 Day Devotional by Charles Haddon Spurgeon


5 out of 5 stars  *****

A daily devotional by one of Christianity's most inspirational and devout preachers from England at a time of waning faith. Many a morning I wake with a certain demeanor and improve upon that attitude after reading this pocket-size book of inspiration. I want to share, so many times, by citing the scripture and Spurgeon's thoughts for a particular day. I realize how profound the moment is to me and pray to exhibit God's wisdom eloquently spoken through this pastor's pen.

Books of this nature are so valuable because they keep me on the path closest to Jesus Christ. When I stray I am checked by the Holy Spirit's conviction that causes me to feel guilt and shame. Then I repent and give thanks to God for the freedom to pursue men of this caliber with their spiritual influence in my life as I turn, once again, away from sin and obey His word. I am a better man because of reading this as it develops my personal communication with my Maker. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment