Friday, April 8, 2016

The Healing Powers Of Vinegar by Cal Orey


5 of 5 stars  *****

I am so glad that I am an owner of this educational and entertaining book about the world's oldest remedy potion, The Healing Powers of Vinegar, by Cal Orey. Cal writes the history in an easy to understand style and presents the scientific data with self-explanatory charts and simple language. I, now, drink six full glasses of water  on ice daily, three of which have two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar. The boost in energy and temperate mood I experience since drinking this simple, inexpensive concoction may be anecdotal but only I, the consumer, can judge such a difference.

The book talks about the array of uses, internally and externally, for the variety of vinegar that exists in the world today. Applications that will settle stomachs for some and clear mirrors and glasses for all are just a couple of examples. One fascinating story in vinegar's history takes place during the days of The Plague, which wiped out so many throughout Europe. Four robbers stole valuables off of the dead bodies without contracting the extremely contagious disease. The robbers doused themselves with vinegar before they daringly confiscated their booty. Even the ancient Greeks looked at vinegar as an antibiotic.

The end of the book, which is worthy of shelving near the kitchen, is full of tasty, healthful recipes. I use a particular vinegar with extra virgin olive oil and garlic in place of butter and salt when I cook vegetables, now. I find them palatable but I may reduce the amounts of these enhancements to taste the natural flavors of the fresh vegetables. I recommend this book to anyone for the sheer multitude of uses that vinegar offers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment